Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Can you recommend a hair treatment that will TINT my hair?

Hello,



I had a terrible appointment at a local upscale salon last weekend and need to fix my hair. I was a new client wanting to get a root touch-up (natural: light-med brown, touch-up:Light Blond) and a cut. The woman ended up using what I am assuming is bleach because it ended up eating away at my scalp and gave me fairly large open, oozing sores. The left side of my head, by my ear, even started bleeding. The sores did not start until a few hours after the treatment and I was too terrified to go back...I didn't want her to go near my hair! So not only was my scalp badly injured but the color looked terrible. The roots were bright yellow and she put dirty-dishwasher colored highlights through it. Ash on YELLOW looks BAD. I bought some violet shampoo today which got out most of the brass, but now my hair is too light and I look washed out. I want to darken my hair but GRADUALLY. NO TONERS. Can you recommend some hair treatment that will GRADUALLY darken it? Like more of a beige...?



Can you recommend a hair treatment that will TINT my hair?

There are several natural ways to color your hair.



Midnight Hair Color - Use 1 cup of walnut shells, 1 tablespoon of cloves and 2 cups of water. Simmer the shells and cloves in the water. Remove from the heat after 20 minutes and let it sit to cool. Strain twice then pour the colorant over your freshly washed hair as your final rinse.



Coffee Rinse - After your shampoo, pour 3 cups of lukewarm brewed coffee over your hair and do not rinse it out. Your hair will be shiny and full.



Forever Blonde Rinse - your hair after each shampoo with a mixture of 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 quart of water. Let it drip and catch the lemon water, pour the lemon water over your hair again. Gently squeeze the water from your hair and wait 10 minutes - sit with your hair in the sun if you can - then rinse very well with warm water. Condition as usual.



Blonde Highlights - 1 tablespoons of lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of chamomile tea brewed in 2 cups of water. Let the tea sit for one hour. If you use loose tea, strain twice. Add the lemon juice and mix. Pour the mixture over your just washed hair and sit with your hair in the sun for 30 minutes. Rinse your hair very well with warm water. Condition as usual. After a few weeks you will notice your 'natural' blond highlights



Can you recommend a hair treatment that will TINT my hair?

Go back and get your money back. She burned your head with the bleach. This happened to me and I demanded my money back. Take pictures of your sores, then go and show the salon your head. If they don't give you your money back or offer to fix it in a week or two. Go to the Better Business Burial and report them. Businesses are not allowed to treat customers this way. Also, if they offer to fix it ask for a deep conditioner that will help your hair, for free. Good luck and go back and get what you paid for you your money back! Good luck, and don't be scared, you paid them. P.S. I don't recommend fixing it yourself since you have open sores on your head, please go get your money back.



Can you recommend a hair treatment that will TINT my hair?

Sounds like your hairstylist used powder bleach, which is a big no no on the scalp. If your hair is not damaged, contrary to popular belief, it is ok to put a permanent color over it. If you are doing this yourself, go to your local Sally Beauty Supply store. If your hair looks more orange, pick a color with a blue base. If it looks more yellow, pick one with a violet base. Get 20 vol developer and mix equal parts of developer and haircolor. However, I would recommend going back to the salon and speaking with the owner or manager of the salon and explaining what happened. More than likely, they will fix your hair for free, and I'm sure you can get a different stylist since your original one is apparently clueless.

No comments:

Post a Comment