Monday, July 27, 2009

I have too much testosterone which causes lots of facial hair will treatment make the hair go away?

my doctor did a few blood tests and told me my testosterone level was too high. my next app. isnt til october so thats all i know about the situation im wondering if i get treatment to lessen the testosterone will the hair go away? like if i wax the facial hair will it come back? its usually very coarse and thick hair. i hateeee it. it keeps getting worse ive noticed. i need to wax or pluck like 2 or 3 times a week. my only option if this treatment doesnt work is laser hair removal i guess but my fear is that it wont work on me bc im dark skinned and the hair is dark..... i really hate the facial hair it makes me soooo self concious.



I have too much testosterone which causes lots of facial hair will treatment make the hair go away?

I wouldn't wait until Oct. Try to see an OB/GYN or even your regular doctor before then. If your liver is okay, you can ask for aldactone(generic name is spironolactone). It helps slow down the facial hair growth. You can also try Yasmin or Yaz birth control, they're geared towards women with PCOS (have you looked into that yet) and can also help a little with facial hair.



There's also a prescription cream called Vaniqua which can help reduce the growth of facial hair, but it only works for as long as you use it.



Good luck!



I have too much testosterone which causes lots of facial hair will treatment make the hair go away?

hi i have the same problem due to pcos(an ovulating disorder)...anyways i just use sally hansens extra strength facial hair remover----ive tried waxing and plucking but those hurt too bad.......if they can lower your testoterone level it will help with the regrowth of the hair but im pretty sure that the hair you have now wont just fall out and disappear.....my mom has a little facial hair and she just uses a razor every now and then---but to me that is a little belittling for a women to have to shave...ya know? if ya have any questions and think i could help im me MRSNMARSH......for me laser hair removal costs too much----my hairs are black so i know how you feel about them

No comments:

Post a Comment